Friday 31 December 2010

one little word

believe

i know it sounds strange, but i feel that my word has chosen me this year. as i stated in my earlier post, i often think that i could do better, i think i just need to believe in myself and my abilities more. i started this journey in 2007 when i chose the word "sparkle", followed by "freedom" and then last year "thankful". "sparkle" was chosen as i was just starting a new phase in my life where i really wanted to shine, i felt that sparkle was more descriptive than shine and suited what i wanted to demonstrate better. having established my sparkle, i needed to re-evaluate and live my life as i intended and therefore "freedom" was born. last year i wanted to remind myself that i have a lot to be thankful for, and i have to say this was hard. it was hard to really "live" this all year round, but especially one of the things that has reminded me of this recently has been the support offered by my friends over the last few weeks.

i am so thankful for your words of kindness and encouragement, i am so thankful that you are all in my life.

i signed up for ali's class. i am creating my journal and i am in the process of decorating my diary as a way of reminding myself of my word each day.

i am excited for the new year to begin, bring it on.....

No comments: