Sunday, 17 October 2010

rose heart art

this project is a mix of ten second studio metalwork, tim holtz products and wendy vecchi studio 490 stamps. the background was made by cutting the top off a 7gypsies chipboard piece. i started off by using some green ten second studio metal and a kabuka mold. i randomly traced over some of the squares and then applied some alcohol inks over the top. the colours i used were lettuce, pesto and meadow. 

once they were applied i them wiped over some black acrylic paint from a dabber and wiped off the excess with a piece of kitchen towel

i them applied the background to the chipboard using double sided sticky sheet. i used an edging tool to give this some definition and then applied black paint dabber around the outside.

to make the rose, i made a sticky tape sandwich!! i used the method for grungepaper roses, only i substituted the grungepaper for cardstock, sticky sheet and some more ten second studio metal, this time in red. i randomly traced a pattern of swirls on the rose and again used the dabber technique to give this some definition and then mounted this on 2 slightly larger grungepaper flowers, which i just simply cut out, inked with fired brick and barn door distress ink and stamped with a background stamp on top.

the leaves were stamped with olive stazon and then inked with forest moss and bundled sage. i find using 2 similar colours of distress inks really give you the two tone effect and some body to the project.

the heart was another wendy vecchi studio 490 stamp, again, i made a sticky tape sandwich, but this time, i embossed the heart myself with a couple of the ten second studio tools.

for the silver strip in the project, i just used a couple of different tools across a piece of silver metal and then a paint dabber to grunge it up and for the joy, i hand wrote this into metal and alcohol inked it. i wasn't happy with the way this looked originally, so i applied some alcohol ink blending solution over the top of the ink, which allowed the silver metal to show through, much better.

i glued this in behind the nameplate and attached this with 2 brads.

lastly, i filled a tiny 7gyspies bottle with some beads and added this to the project.

i am pleased with the overall effect.

No comments: